22 Alarming Facts About Obama’s Economy
|June 2011, Source, Meet the Press|
- Our national debt has risen by more than $5 trillion during Obama’s administration,more than what it increased under all previous 43 presidents combined.
- The number of Americans on food stamps has risen from 32 million to over 46.4 million in Obama’s three years in office.
- At $3.59,the average price of gasoline is $ 1.74 MORE than it was the day Barack Obama was sworn in.
- Twenty two percent of American children live in poverty,the highest level in 30 years.
- For forty straight months (every single full month of Obama’s reign),unemployment has been 8%.
- Forty two percent of American workers are living paycheck-to-paycheck.
- Fifty three percent of college graduates under 25 are either unemployed or under-employed.
- The Federal Reserve has monetized 61% of our national debt. This means that we are “selling” government bonds to other government agencies.
- Eighty six percent of American workers aged 60 or older will continue working past their 65th birthday.
- Ninety five percent of the jobs lost in Obama’s depression have been lost by middle-class workers.
- To satisfy local,state,and federal taxes,the average working American has to put in 107 days- more than 21 weeks of work.
- In Detroit,thanks to Democrat policies for the last fifty years,a three-bedroom home can be purchased for just $500.00 – which is actually a slight uptick over recent years.
- Since Obama took office,he has destabilized the national economy to the point that the price of an ounce of gold has risen from $850.00 to over $1600.00.
- Last month in Montgomery,Alabama,20,000 people applied for 877 openings at a Hyundai plant.
- In 2011,the average American household spent a staggering $4,155.00 on gasoline.
- Currently,there are a record-breaking 88 million+ Americans of working age who are unemployed.
- Student loans, NOT dischargeable in bankruptcy,now stand at over $1 trillion,KILLING the future of millions of our young people.
- Compared to 1985,our 2011 trade deficit with China was more than 49,000 times larger.
- To determine why cocaine makes the Japanese quail engage in risky sexual behavior,the Obama Administration spent $175,587.00 of our tax dollars.
- The national debt could not be repaid in less than 440,000 years if we started immediately.
- Our debt is growing at the rate of OVER $2 million each MINUTE!
- In 2010,2.6 million Americans fell into poverty. Since 1959,when this statistic was developed,no year saw a bigger increase.