The Top 9 Things You Need to Know Before the U.S. Hyperinflationary Great Depression Begins:
1) Seniors will no longer have Social Security. For decades, the U.S. government has been underpaying Social Security recipients by using the consumer price index (CPI) to determine Social Security cost of living adjustments (COLA). Accounting for the real rate of price inflation, American seniors should be receiving triple the Social Security payments that they do today. The U.S. government is now trying to once again adjust the way COLA is calculated by using a new chain weighted CPI that understates price inflation even more. As inflation spirals out of control, the government will be forced to end COLA increases. The Social Security checks seniors receive won't be worth enough to pay for the gas needed to drive to the bank to cash them.
2) If you want to have money outside of the country, move it out now. During the Hyperinflationary Depression, the U.S. government will make it illegal for Americans to transfer their wealth outside of the U.S. Therefore, all Americans need to think of a backup plan. If things get so bad in the U.S. where you will need to leave the country, figure out what country will be best for you to move to and open up an account to store gold and other real assets in that country now. One of NIA's top choices for Americans to move to is Australia, so it might be a good idea to store gold in Australia at the Perth Mint.
3) Prepare for civil unrest and how you will protect your family. Inflation is the root cause for the rioting and civil unrest that has been occurring this year in Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Syria, and other middle east countries. So far, just about all of the global inflation protests have turned deadly. The Occupy Wall Street protests in the U.S. are just a very small preview of what is soon to come as the U.S. dollar begins rapidly declining in purchasing power and the middle class of America is completely destroyed. Civil unrest will be the worst in major cities. The best place to live is in rural areas where you can build relationships with neighbors to protest your community and share resources.
4) It is important to own physical gold and silver. Precious metals are the best way to preserve your purchasing power during hyperinflation. It is very important that you own physical gold and silver, and not paper promises for gold and silver that might not actually exist. There are major global shortages developing of gold and especially silver. As the U.S. currency crisis begins to escalate and holders of gold/silver futures contracts demand physical delivery, we could see a COMEX default. ETFs like GLD and SLV are great for trading gold and silver in the short-term, but they will ultimately settle with you for U.S. dollars. During hyperinflation, the dollar will be declining in purchasing power so rapidly that you won't have time to sell your precious metal ETFs, wait for the transactions to clear, wire out the funds, and buy physical precious metals with those dollars, without losing a large percentage of your purchasing power. Please see NIA's unbiased gold and silver seller reviews to learn about the best places to buy precious metals over the Internet.
5) Be ready for empty store shelves. With all of the hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and other natural disasters that have taken place across different parts of the U.S. during the past year, many Americans have experienced first hand just how quickly store shelves can become empty during a crisis. Although store shelves are quickly replenished as soon as a natural disaster is over, this won't be the case during hyperinflation. When the dollar collapses, Americans will be forced to live for weeks or months with only the goods that they have stored at home. It is important that all Americans have their own storage at home of food, water, medical supplies, batteries, and all other necessities they use on a regular basis. The supplies you store at home should last for several months. What you don't use yourself you will be able to use to barter for something else that you do need.
6) We believe gold and silver mining stocks have more upside potential than gold and silver. When hyperinflation hits the U.S., we believe the overall stock market will decline priced in gold. We expect the Dow Jones, which is currently around 12,000 to eventually meet the price of gold, which is now about $1,800 per ounce. This means we could see Dow 10,000 and $10,000 per ounce gold. The only stocks that we believe will outperform the prices of gold and silver are some gold/silver mining stocks and the stocks of some agriculture producers, oil drillers, and alternative energy companies. We periodically release free stock suggestions of companies that we believe will prosper during hyperinflation. Our three latest stock suggestions gained as much as 45%, 135%, and 151% from our suggestion prices. Please remember that we are not investment advisors and do not provide investment advice.
7) The destruction of the U.S. dollar could lead to the destruction of all fiat currencies. The U.S. dollar is the world's reserve currency and when the U.S. experiences hyperinflation, the world will start to lose confidence in all fiat currencies. The U.S. dollar has been a fiat currency for 40 years. The average fiat currency only survives for 30 years before losing all of its purchasing power. Eventually history will look back at fiat currencies in general as a failed experiment. We believe the world eventually needs to move to a digital currency that is backed by gold.
8) We need to elect a third party candidate. It is too late to prevent hyperinflation but the only way the U.S. is going to make the necessary tough decisions that will allow our country to survive hyperinflation and rebuild afterwards is if we elect a third party candidate to become President. Both Obama and McCain supported the government's destructive bailouts of Wall Street that will soon lead to hyperinflation. They were both the same on all economic issues and Americans didn't have the choice of electing a real President. The Republicans and Democrats are equally responsible for the debt crisis that we have today and we hope to see somebody like Ron Paul run for President as a third party candidate.
9) The mainstream media won't acknowledge the inflation crisis until it is too late. The media did everything possible to hype the Real Estate bubble and encourage Americans to buy overpriced homes up until the collapse of housing prices. Although NIA's co-founders were warning Americans about the Real Estate bubble that was forming and encouraging Americans to sell their homes, buy gold, and place bets against home builders and mortgage companies by buying put options in them, nobody in the media did the same. The U.S. debt crisis and the massive inflation we have today in food and energy prices should be the top story on the news each night, but the media will ignore it until Americans see the purchasing power of their incomes and savings wiped out by hyperinflation.
Subscribe for free at: http://inflation.us