Brooklyn Woman On Ebola Monitoring List Drops Dead Bleeding From "Face, Mouth, Nose"

Coming back: A Hazmat team arrived back at the establishment late Tuesday evening to run more tests, setting up in a building across the street (Source Daily Mail)


Just a week after Dr. Craig Spencer was declared 'Ebola-free', The Daily Mail reports a woman, who had arrived from Guinea 18 days ago (and was on the NYC Ebola monitoring list), dropped dead in a Brooklyn hair salon this afternoon. 

FDNY sent their Special Operations and Hazmat units but she was declared dead at the scene. Witnesses said she was bleeding from the "face, nose, mouth, everything."

As The Daily Mail reports,
There are new fears of a possible Ebola outbreak in New York City after a woman dropped dead on Tuesday afternoon.

FDNY activated the Special Operations and Hazmat units after the the woman, who had recently traveled from Guinea according to a source on the scene, died at Amy Professional African Hair Braiding in Brooklyn.

He then said he ran in there to find a woman laying on the floor.

When asked what she was bleeding from, Costa said, 'face, nose, mouth, everything.'

Meanwhile, members of FDNY could be seen carefully changing into Hazmat gear outside before heading into the establishment, for what they referred to as a 'fever travel illness.'

At the same time, individuals could be seen walking in and out of Amy Professional African Hair Braidig wearing no protection at all.

It had been reported in October that an FDNY memo instructed all personnel to use more vague terms when discussing Ebola, such as 'fever travel incident.'
According to a source who was on the scene, the incident occurred just after 3:00 in the afternoon, and the woman was pronounced dead on arrival.

As ABC reports, the woman was on the NYC monitoring list...

ABC7 reports further that,
The remains of a woman who died of an apparent heart attack at a hair salon in Brooklyn will be tested for Ebola.
EMS responded to the hair salon on Belmont Avenue in Brownsville around 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
She was declared dead at the scene.
The woman had been on the list of those being monitored for Ebola exposure.
She had recently arrived in the city from Guinea and was one of 350 people on the monitor list.
The New York City Health Department said at last check the woman did not have symptoms and was being monitored because of her travel history.
She had been back in the country for 18 days.

Test results are expected back late Tuesday or early Wednesday.

Popular Posts